About me

About me

Monday, January 6, 2014

Ringing in the New Year with a New Blog

"Do not fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let Petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life." -Phil. 4:6-7 

In an effort to follow in my sister's footsteps once again (lol) I have also decided to start a new blog. She has inspired me to blog and to learn and research new things because she literally researches everything....and I mean everything!  Her blog is www.lifewithsky.wordpress.com. I'll start with a few things about my self and add to it as time goes on....you know to keep you guessing :)

If you really knew me you'd know that I am a Fashion Design student at the University of North Texas. You'd also know that I'm a Young Life College Leader at UNT. And If you really knew me you'd know I have lived in 5 different states and that I was born in Mobile, Alabama...which I'm sure a lot of my friends didn't actually know (lol)

I have tried to blog before but I think seeing my sister Jessica post will encourage me to post on this blog and my fashion blog (which is really a small business). Here's to new blogs and keeping up with them this year! 

My goals for this blog and this new year:
  • to post three times a week (just like my sister) about my school life, sorority life, relationships, fitness attempts (like a squat challenge that my roommate and I are going to do when I get back to TX), cooking attempts, and most importantly my walk with Christ
  • this year I am going to try and just be here. something I suck at is trying to be everywhere and wishing I could be in two places at once. Where ever I am at I am going to be all there, all in. I dont want to be wishing for the next thing, just wishing now could be longer! God has called me to be here so I might as well embrace it
  • along with the previous one, I want...no definitely need to be more intentional with friends from home and friends at school too! I want to ask harder questions and take a leap of faith and be a child of God in terms of my faith. 
  • to take more pictures, my dad gave me his old DSLR, and I am beyond excited to play around with it and take pictures...now if only I had photoshop my life would be complete....and I would never accomplish anything (lol) 
  • to read and pray more... somehow my first semester of college I read both Redeeming Love and Love Does and I have yet to read another book since... but on top of reading more books I'd love to spend more time in the word daily, and praying often for friends and family
  • to be healthier, and not lazier! I want to be in shape and eat healthy, so that I don't get winded running up the stairs at my house (because lets me honest no one walks up the stairs anymore). 
I have lots of ideas in store for this semester, things that I wish I had more time for because I miss doing them! Like painting or drawing...although I have taking a fashion drawing class this semester so that should be interesting! To think I am almost half way through my college career is scary.... it seems like I graduated from High schoool only yesterday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment