About me

About me

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Greek Week... may the odds be ever in our favor

This week at my school we have Greek Week! Basically, we have a couple events throughout the week that lead up to our Greek Award ceremony! These events include a banner contest, writing letters to the troops, letters check-in (wearing your sorority's/fraternity's letters all day), greek games (a scavenger hunt sorta thing), a speaker event, extravaCANza and eagles escapades (dance competition). These last few weeks we have all been collecting cans to donate to the Denton Local food bank and on friday we will construct a CAN structure to match our theme, Elvis Presley! I haven't been able to participate as much as I would like to because of class and schoolwork but here is the banner that we created! I helped paint the car but all the credit goes to the art majors in our sorority and to our wonderful panhellenic representative, Jessie (on the left)!

I think we're going to have a great turnout this week, our dance looks awesome and Jessie has an awesome idea for our can structure.

In other news, I'm almost done with my tailored wool jacket and will be posting a picture soon of the most recent update! I have to turn it in next week so you will get to see it with out all the markings! I have also been working on my croquis style, which is an exaggerated figure about 10 heads long!

Today I also got to read though Psalm 119, which I didn't realize how long it was when I started but it was a very sweet prayer asking God to realign your steps and just asking for guidance and to be protected from sin and people trying to bring you down--which is exactly what I needed to be praying! Here is the final excerpt, written in the message (don't hate):
"Let my cry come right into your presence, God; 
provide me with the insight that comes
only from your Word. 
Give my request your personal attention,
rescue me on the terms of your promise.
 Let praise cascade off my lips;
after all, you've taught me the truth about life!
And let your promises ring from my tongue;
every order you've giver is right.
Put your hand out and steady me
since I've chosen to live by your counsel.
I'm homesick, God, for your salvation;
I lvoe it when you show yourself!
Invigorate my soul so I can praise you well, 
use your decrees to put iron in my soul.
And should I wander off like a lost
sheep----seek me!
I'll recognize the sound of your voice."
-Psalm 119:169-176


No comments:

Post a Comment