About me

About me

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Time flies when your having fun

So it has been about two weeks since I last updated y'all on my semester and how everything is going here in the great state of Texas. If you were wondering what has been preoccupying my time here's a few pictures.....
The shorts were my first conceptual project of the semester, it was based off a piece of hardware that's use to hold down small pipes or pvc pipes. It's basically a little bridge and has 2 holes on either side for screws and then a half circle arch in the middle with a groove that made it look like 3 lines. That's why the straps show up in a group of 3 and there are 2 buttons on either side of the piping that are shown. I don't know that this was my best work, but this was my first pair of pants (shorts) that I've ever made and that stands for something right?
And in my sewing class, I am currently making a tailored jacket. Today,I put in the red lining and I will be finishing it up this week and next week. It has been quite a process these last 2 weeks putting this jacket together. I have to say I am very very proud of this jacker and I am looking forward to the finished product. On the other hand I don't think I'll be going into the jacket business anytime soon! 

So, other then staying very busy with my school work I have been learning a lot about myself, and how I have poor time management skills and that sometimes I just want to crawl under my covers and never come out. This semester has a huge eye opener for me in my walk with Christ, slowly but surely God has been showing me what I need to let go of. 
Today, at church Matt Chandler, The Village church pastor, talked about the fear of man. His analogy was that our neighbors, friends, family, co-workers, etc are like kittens in comparison to the Lion, that God is. So why is it that we are fearful of these kittens around us but are so willing to slap the one lion in our life? Makes you second guess your fear of kittens right? What's stopping us from being bold and from stepping out in faith, a little awkwardness, distance in a friendship, but if that boldness some day leads your friend to Christ, is it not worth it? 
This has been on my heart for quite sometime, and one thing that really stuck for me today was when Matt Chandler said "Your fear of what someone thinks about you, will stop you from loving them. You cannot love someone who controls you." Gosh that hit me so hard in the face, if there's one thing I want my friends to feel, christians or not, is that I love and care for them like God cares for me, but the hardest thing I've had to face this semester, is fearing what others think about me and that most definitely has halted any love from reaching them. 

I've seen other blogs do this, so here it goes: comment below with your thoughts on being fearful of man, and what that looks like in your life and how you have been able to overcome it or how you have been trying to work through it!




No comments:

Post a Comment