About me

About me

Friday, May 9, 2014

End of the Year excitement

So this post has taken a long time for me to gather all the things I wanted to post about! So my last couple projects for school were all due last Wednesday so the last month or so has been crazy crazy! 
So this dress was for my sewing class and it is made of knit fabrics which is similar to a t-shirt, so it is veyr stretchy. I actually am really happy with the way this dress turned out it was pretty easy in comparison to my other projects and I will be happy to announce that I fit this dress and will be wearing it on game days next year! #GMG 



This dress is from my conceptual project for my patternmaking class. It is based off the Lotus Temple found in India! I wanted it to be very simple and represent the peacefulness that is behind the architecture. The dress pictured is my muslin, which is basically the rough draft of my garment. I don't really like the way that my final turned out so I am going to tweak a few things before I post the picture of it! Sadly it won't be on a dress form once I fix it just because I won't have one at home!

And last but not least I forgot to take pictures of my drawing project but I will definitely post it as soon as I can! I think I packed it away before I could snatch a picture of it so that will be coming soon!

Meanwhile, this past weekend was packed full of many Young Life events! First on friday night, a bunch of us went to see Drew & Ellie Holcomb and we got to sit in the very front on couches and then hang out with them after it was soooooo awesome. If you've never listened to them you need to look them up right now! 

On saturday we had our End of the Year leader party where we got to hang out with our entire leadership and just eat a lot of good food and take funny pictures together like these....

Lastly on Sunday we had our first ever REDNECK RENDEVOUS for Young Life College. We had a great dance party with square dancing like the one from Young Life camp if you've ever been, and if you haven't I strongly suggest you do. There was a lot of country line dancing and a dance party through the ages, and an impromptu sing along to Let it Go after dont stop believing! #totalYLmove


Here are some of the costumes from the event! 


LAST BUT NOT LEAST, I want to announce officially that I will be in Fort Collins, CO for the summer nannying for my sister and watching my sweet nephew Skyler. I am very excited to live with my sister and her husband Tom in there brand new house! It will be a lot of fun to watch this little guy grow although he won't remember any of it I am beyond excited to help teach him to walk and talk! I will also be learning how to cook this summer and I'm hoping to get back into shape with my overly active sister and brother in law! 






No comments:

Post a Comment