About me

About me

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Simply Stitched...

So the first two weeks of school has really been hard to keep up with blogging! I figured better late than never for today... I just finished my fashion drawing project on flats. (see below) I have been able to complete it before midnight, which is so awesome seeing as how I started over like 3 different times. Our first project was on denim... and you probably are wondering what exactly can you do with denim, well that's just it, there isn't much you can do with it! I have enjoyed learning how to draw little itty-bitty stitch lines and re-learning how to draw symmetrically with a ruler. A flat is exactly what it sounds like, flat. This kind of sketch is to tell pattern makers how to create a pattern, and in order to do that you have to imagine a piece of clothing lying flat on the table stretched out and everything. After this project, I don't think I ever want to work with denim in my designs.... my next project though is on fashion faces with watercolors! (hopefully I'll update you more as the project progesses instead of the very end like this one)



Besides drawing clothes, I've been working on cutting out wool for my advanced sewing class and let me just say that the steps you have to take to prepare wool is long and then not being able to fold it afterwards is hard as well. I've adopted a "coatbox" for the semester....aka a storage pin to carry my fabric back and forth, on top of the other things I have to carry!

Although it's going to be hard to stay motivated on my days off, I have been really encouraged these last 2 weeks with the conversations I have been having. I've already seen a change in my own attitude after prayerfully asking God to help me love those who I see as "hard to love" although he see's and knows differently. I have been learning a lot about what it looks like to be needed even though I feel as though I am not needed. Probably for a little over a semester I've been struggling with understanding this thought of not being needed in friendships or teams and even being a member of a church. However now I see and can take comfort in the idea that everyone has a specific thing they are good at and that we are all simply stitched together to honor Christ in our own ways.... see what I did there ;) I think I'm gonna save the rest of what I've been learning for a post this weekend with how I've applied to become a member of the Village Church here in Denton!



No comments:

Post a Comment