About me

About me

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What happened to winter break?

Seriously the concept of distance has really become baffling to me that at the end of one day we can literally be hundreds of miles away from where we woke up that morning! I have no idea how winter break slipped through my fingers! I am so thankful for the time I got to spend at home though, it was very relaxing and enjoyable. On my way back to Texas on Sunday I took a picture of the naval base I live on from the plane....



Seeing that from the plane just puts me an awe of God. How we can go 10,000 feet into the air and our world looks so small? Seriously, when you take a step back how can there not be more to what we see every single day! 

Well yesterday was the first day of the semester, which is kinda scary because at the end of this semester I will be half way through college! For some reason, I don't remember high school going by so quickly! This semester I will have class Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8 am until 3 pm, thankfully I'll have a one hour break but not  because I planned it that way it's really just so that our teachers have the chance to eat lunch! I am really really excited for this semester because I get to take a Fashion Drawing Class and I'll get to learn how to draw my own designs which is something I've always wanted to know how to do! However, with 3 really intense fashion classes and 2 online classes the work load is beginning to scare me, especially as I balance sorority life and leading with Young Life! I'm sure this will be a big season for me to learn to trust God and rely on him for strength and energy to get me through my classes and homework!!

One project (or should I say a few projects) I've been working on or hoping to work on within the next couple of days is organizing my room and finding a place for my growing collection of fabric and sewing stuff. It's hard trying to find a place for everything in these small rooms!! I'm also a little bit of a pack rat I think...because I've come to discover it's hard for me to get rid of things!

My next project has been getting groceries and getting back into cooking for myself again...wouldn't be great if we could just eat out all the time? Today, I cut up all my vegetables and salad toppings so that they would be ready for my lunch tomorrow:) 

Lastly, I've been saving this post until now because I wanted to post a picture of my winter assignment. I was able to complete my finished winter assignment and take a picture of it on the dress form yesterday! I was grinning from ear to ear when my teacher began to critique it but mainly because I was smiling at the fact that I knew exactly what she would call me out on (which she did in fact due).... and the other half was because I was proud of it! We finally learned how to make skirts last semester and I wish that I had taken advantage of playing around with the half scale pattern over winter break!

Here are a few pictures of the process...it took almost an entire roll of butcher paper...but mainly because I kept messing up on the pattern for the flounces on the bottom of the skirt!


The last picture isn't great quality but my iPad was dying and I didn't have my new camera with me, but in the future I am going to try and post better quality pictures :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment