About me

About me

Monday, February 3, 2014

Water color is harder than it looks

So the last week has been very busy with multiple projects going in all of my classes. Right now we're learning how to paint fashion faces and if you're wondering what that means I can explain... a fashion face has exaggerated everything and perfect proportions, the perfect button nose, exaggerated eyes, perfect eyebrows, flawless hair, big luscious lips, and a long neck. My teacher literally told us to research people we though were beautiful...models, actresses and maybe even our friends. After all that...we have to paint in water colors, leaving exaggerated high lights and lots of blush. If you ask me I thought water colors were going to be a lot easier....but then I realized I have no patience for it. Layer after layer of make up, and not to mention her skin cant be to yellow or to orange or she'll look fake... as if exaggerating everything else didn't already make her look fake she has to have a REAL skin tone... here was my progress last week, notice her skin isn't exactly normal her hair looks freaking awesome though....



The second page are the test faces I did.... I couldn't get the 3/4 view right... it was a little off but practice makes perfect! 

Also, this past week I've done quiet a few embroidery projects for people. A couple of vests and lab coats! I only have pictures of the vests though. I only charge five dollars for a monogram but I've decided to put a rush fee on any embroidered items and charge an extra five dollars if you want it anytime less than a week. 
(P.S. this girl provided me with vests I didn't purchase them but I did the embroidery)


More to come hopefully this week about what I've been learning about being a part of my local church and how I've been growing this semester in my relationship!
Comment below if you have any questions about embroidery! I'm planning on setting up an etsy shop soon for handmade bows and t-shirt dresses! 


No comments:

Post a Comment